Top 10 Planet-Related Solutionary Stories
Updated: Nov 8, 2018
Some of my favorite Solutionary Stories that inspire kids to help the Earth!
Yes, I always have trouble picking just 10...so enjoy all of these favorites..
Best Nonfiction Books About People Helping Our Planet!
In no particular order:
1. One Plastic Bag: Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Women of the Gambia written by Miranda Paul & illustrated by Elizabeth Zunon
2. The Tree Lady: The True Story of How One Tree-Loving Woman Changed a City Forever written by H. Joseph Hopkins & illustrated by Jill McElmurry
3. Seeds of Change written by Jen Cullerton Johnson & illustrated by Sonia Lynn Sadler and Wangari’s Trees of Peace written & illustrated by Jeanette Winter (Both about the amazing Wangari Maahtai, environmentalist & Nobel Peace Prize winner.)
4. Out of School and Into Nature: The Anna Comstock Story written by Suzanne Slade & illustrated by Jessica Lanan
5. Rachel Carson and Her Book That Changed The World written by Laurie Lawlor & illustrated by Laura Beingessner
6. Luna & Me: The True Story of a Girl Who Lived in a Tree To Save a Forest written & illustrated by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
7. Ada’s Violin: The Story of the Recycled Orchestra of Paraguay written by Susan Hood & illustrated by Sally Wern Comport
8. Pedal Power: How One Community Became the Bicycle Capital of the World written & illustrated by Allan Drummond (See also Energy Island and Green City by him!)
10. The Mangrove Tree: Planting Trees to Feed Families by Susan L. Roth and Cindy Trumbore
11. Life in the Ocean: The Story of Oceanographer Sylvia Earle written & illustrated by Claire A. Nivola
I'm sure I've forgotten some and not read others, so please send me your favorites so I can check them out!