Top Planet-Related Solutionary Stories
Some of my favorite Solutionary Stories that inspire kids to help the Earth!
Love stories that inspire kids to help the environment...so enjoy all of these favorites (updated annually—stay tuned for 2020 update soon!)...
Best Nonfiction Books About People Helping Our Planet!
In no particular order:
1. One Plastic Bag: Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Women of the Gambia written by Miranda Paul & illustrated by Elizabeth Zunon
2. The Tree Lady: The True Story of How One Tree-Loving Woman Changed a City Forever written by H. Joseph Hopkins & illustrated by Jill McElmurry
3. Seeds of Change written by Jen Cullerton Johnson & illustrated by Sonia Lynn Sadler and Wangari’s Trees of Peace written & illustrated by Jeanette Winter (Both about the amazing Wangari Maahtai, environmentalist & Nobel Peace Prize winner.)
4. Out of School and Into Nature: The Anna Comstock Story written by Suzanne Slade & illustrated by Jessica Lanan
5. Rachel Carson and Her Book That Changed The World written by Laurie Lawlor & illustrated by Laura Beingessner
6. Luna & Me: The True Story of a Girl Who Lived in a Tree To Save a Forest written & illustrated by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
7. Ada’s Violin: The Story of the Recycled Orchestra of Paraguay written by Susan Hood & illustrated by Sally Wern Comport
8. Pedal Power: How One Community Became the Bicycle Capital of the World written & illustrated by Allan Drummond (See also Energy Island and Green City by him!)
10. The Mangrove Tree: Planting Trees to Feed Families by Susan L. Roth and Cindy Trumbore
11. Life in the Ocean: The Story of Oceanographer Sylvia Earle written & illustrated by Claire A. Nivola
I'm sure I've forgotten some and not read others, so please send me your favorites via my contact page so I can check them out!