Welcome to the Online Home of
Award-Winning Children's Book Author
to my Newsletter Below!
...and Solutionary Stories Central!
Solving the Monarch Migration Mystery
(Sleeping Bear Press, 2020)
This award-winning book asks the question: who tracked the Great Monarch Butterfly Migration?
Through questions, and a sprinkle of mystery, this picture book introduces young readers to all the people from Canada to Mexico who figured out the details of the monarchs' miraculous yearly journey. (Especially the folks who are often forgotten!)
Once the mystery is solved, readers are asked a new question: who will keep the monarchs alive? This leads to back matter with many ideas for kids to take part in helping these amazing creatures and the environment that sustains them.
Available from any bookseller but I'd love it if you'd:
* Golden Kite Honor Award Winner *
"A fascinating and inspiring STEAM-driven tale." - Kirkus, starred review
* Eureka! Nonfiction Honor Award Winner
* A Kirkus Best Picture Book of 2020
* An NCTE Notable Book in Language Arts
* A Bank Street College Best Children's Book of the Year
* Texas Topaz 2021 Nonfiction Gems Unanimous Selection
* Capital Choices 2021 Noteworthy Book for Children and Teens
* AAAS/Subaru 2021 Children's Science Picture Book Award Top-4 Finalist
* Cybils Awards Elementary Nonfiction Top-7 Finalist
* Top 2020 Nonfiction Picture Books Selection - Betsy Bird, School Library Journal Fuse8 blog
"This book should be in all personal and professional collections." - Librarian's Quest blog
Meeg's favorite review here! More lovely reviews here, here, and here.